Ready to overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ste, I've read the Intel Overclock threat but when I did I was looking for other p5n32 boards to compare voltages. I'm reading it again now to get a 'general' idea of what voltages work. It may help me to get that 1500 stable.

If you can POST and boot into windows at 3.37 Ghz, then it may just be a matter of playing with the voltages.
That's extremely encouraging to know and it gives me a solid starting place. I can set the fsb and work everything else around it to try and get it stable. Thanks.

There are still alot of people on this forum who have yet to post their overclocks in that thread, but it still should give you a good idea how to play around with settings. En such..

Going to go try 1560fsb, 1.45v core and 1:1 mem settings at 2.2 mem volts and see what happens. Fingers are crossed. :)

There should be alot more voltages to adjust than just that, I have never owned a 680i board, but there should be options for FrontsideBus voltage and MCH Voltage, or something like that, You can give the northbride an extra +.1 or +.2 Volts and the Frontsidebus Voltage +.1V or +.2V.

Like I said, Play around...

I'm booted up at 3.37ghz now but superpi fails. Had to bump up my northbridge volts to 1.4 to get it to boot though.
Currently 1500 fsb
mem linked 3:4 ration running at 1000mhz 2.2v
Available volt adjustments are
vcore
Mem
1.2v HT
NB
SB
CPU VTT (don't know what that is)
DDR2 Termination (that one either)

Set Memory to what Manufacture reccomends for it's rated Speed. (Can find this on their home page, website you ordered from or even the packaging it came in.)
Set South Bride to +.1V as well as the north bride set the "1.2v HT" to one setting higher, the Vcore can go a maximum of 1.55V, so thats how much room to work with.

Keep Playing with it...

Increased those voltages with same result. Should I unlink mem and set it to 4,4,4,12 2t at 800mhz?

No luck. :(
I'm going to sleep on it and try again in the morning. 12 hours in the oilfield today and now it's after 1:30am so my brain is mush. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom