Dual os's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, and my other system's mobo isnt supported either wich blows, also my mobo now is only partially supported by them.

i'm waiting for my P4C800-E to be supported fully, although i'm using it on my IBM machine which is fully suported.

I could have gone for Mandrake as well, as its as good as SuSE, but SuSE has not got backup of Novell corporation, and it means that company's gonan grow.

I stumbled accross something that says my 6800 is supported with linux(actually someone gave me that link)

that must be someother then, or sometimes it happens that SuSE though develops the updates, but are unable to update the hardwar database, so probably not mentioned there.

where is that link, show us some as well (that may of mandrake)

hi guys:
I am just wondering is there any anther OS around the web that we can download it without any payment.
e.g. Linux, Solaris, Unix........
Just curious....

Figo2476

Figo, you should post this kind of a question in the Linux forum where it will get more attention and more responses.

Gameguru, dependin the amount of free space you have on your existing HDD, you may not be able to install Mandrake. A 5 GB partition is the absolute minimum I would try to load Mandrake on.

And by the way, since MS designed FAT/ FAT32/NTFS... no Linux flavor is going to work on that partition. You will need a tool like Partition Magic to free up some space on the HDD so that Mandrake can load on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom