CMOS and Motherboard troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade73

Beta member
Ok. So I have been having issues for about 6 months. The machine would work for a while, and then it would randomly start flaking out. Games would be choppy and freeze, processes would slow down... and every now and again my cmos would be wiped on reboot. However, my computer time kept getting set to something way off in the future. Even with my computer set to sync up with the time servers.. .it would still be way off. Then one day, it just stopped working, while I was using it. I rebooted and it never posted again. I tried clearing the cmos and unplugging the power, but I never got a post.

So that was my first mobo. I replaced it last week and like magic everything was good again (in fact it was even faster with the new mobo).

Until today, when the NEW one died the same agonizing death. I'm booting it back up out of standby and get a bluescreen of death (driver_power_state_fail). I think no big deal, and reboot. It warns me "CMOS Settings Lost!" "F1 for Setup" So I boot into the cmos and set my raid back and reboot..... and nothing. Same thing as last time. I try clearing the cmos for about 2 minutes... reset jumper with no power plugged in... nothing. No post.

Any ideas on what is going on? This is driving me mad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom