Q6700 vs Phenom 9500 3DMark06

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll make it more easily understood...sheesh......the point is that I get no phenominal advantage with the Q6700 when it comes to everyday users not benchers. The point is to show that the AMD chip with all the other components being similar it a great chip! The post wasn't intended to be a horse race. Some of you need to start thinking outside of the box IMO.

I never said it wasn't, and your point is easily understood. People complained about the difference in clock speed and I am pointing out why it would be ok to compare with overclocks at different speeds. Everyday use wouldn't see a benefit from a quad at high speeds but somethings would. Video editing, folding, and other cpu intensive stuff could greatly benefit from a q6700 or q6600 at 3.5ghz (which is possible).

I never said it wasn't, and your point is easily understood. People complained about the difference in clock speed and I am pointing out why it would be ok to compare with overclocks at different speeds. Everyday use wouldn't see a benefit from a quad at high speeds but somethings would. Video editing, folding, and other cpu intensive stuff could greatly benefit from a q6700 or q6600 at 3.5ghz (which is possible).

10-4! Now, I took the advise of others and ran these overclocked. Evga cards (8800GTS 320mb) were oc'd to 700/925(and they ran hot!!). Q6700 at 2.99Ghz (stock Voltages) and the Phenom to 2.41Ghz (Stock voltages).
Q6700 (3DMark06) = 11,987.
9500 (3DMark06) = 10,125. The Q6700 is, obviously, starting to shine! That's an 18% over all advantage when overclocking. I am presuming that if I monkey with the memory timing, CPU and PCIe voltages and FSB that the disparity will continue to grow? So, from my own simple testing, I can see why the Intel Fan boys get all pumped up! :) Fini!

Depending on your cooling you could probably get the q6700 up to ~3.6ghz. If its the stock cooler 3.0ghz is probably the best you can get and that would be pushing it.

i would rather see a Q6600 compared to a phenom 9500. The Q6600 can be oc'ed to 3.5ghz easy, 4ghz with a watercooling setup.

But i agree that both CPU's should be overclocked to its max. Most people who buy CPU's will want to overclock them, and Intels strenght is in its overclocking ability. Its like drag racing a Ford mustang vs a F-50 Ferrari but the Ferrari isnt allowed to go past 3rd gear.......

Most people who buy CPU's will want to overclock them, and Intels strenght is in its overclocking ability. Its like drag racing a Ford mustang vs a F-50 Ferrari but the Ferrari isnt allowed to go past 3rd gear.......

so wrong... most people who buy cpu's will NOT overclock them, cos they dont even know what it is.
rico...this is what you need to do. run your phenom at stock and run the q6600 at 2.2ghz
all these other numbers you are giving are totally pointless.
run them at the same speed and post that.
that would be interesting..this other is just.......:eek:

so wrong... most people who buy cpu's will NOT overclock them, cos tey dont even know what it is.
rico...this is what you need to do. run your phenom at stock and run the q6600 at 2.2ghz
all these other numbers you are giving are totally pointless.
run them at the same speed and post that.
that would be interesting..this other is just.......:eek:

Thats what ive been trying to say. We already know the q6600 and q6700 can oc higher, why not compare same clock to clock instead?

that would be good to give us an overall clock/clock rate of how much the winner will be vs the loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom