stability problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

madman1391

Baseband Member
*im sorry if this isnt the right place to put this*

i have recently been having reliability problems with my computer and on restart i have been given the following codes
BCCode : f4 BCP1 : 00000003 BCP2 : 8A236900 BCP3 : 8A236A74
BCP4 : 805D11F8 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1 \

sometimes it will not be that it restarts automatically, sometimes my internet will just stop working, other computers on my home network will still work but mine will not be able to access the internet.

any help will be appreciated

Start>Right Click My Computer>Properties>Start Up and Recovery Tab>Uncheck the Automatically Restart.

Give me the Stop Error code and the words that are in all caps. Can help you out then.

Also after reading your sig i have 2 things to say.

1. It could be due to the overclocking.
2. Sig is to big. 8 Lines in size 2 text 15 lines in size 1 text. Please adjust accordingly. :D Thank you.

Thank you again for the sig thing. ;)

As for this issue when you get a BSOD again come on back. Also check you event viewer.

Start>Run>eventvwr.msc and scroll thru there to see what applications and that are causing this issue.

here is the Technical info i got at the BSOD

*** STOP: 0X000000F4 (0X000000003,0X8A040C08,0X8A040D7C,0X805D11F8)

What are the lines in all CAPS it should be a couple of lines down. The one i am seeing for this is due to the system not waking from standby correctly.

The system is fully up to date right?

ok, i will try to jot that down when i get another BSOD and i have updated my mobo drivers and windows is fully up to date

SYMPTOMS
A computer that is running Microsoft Windows XP or a later operating system stops responding during resume from standby, and you receive the following KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR stop error message:
0x0000007a (e163a3e4,c000000e,bf8e9313,0697f860)
or
0x000000F4 (0x00000003, Parameter2, Parameter3, Parameter4)
Note Parameter2, Parameter3, and Parameter4 in the stop error may vary.

This problem occurs on a computer in which Windows XP or a later operating system is installed on a hard disk that is configured as a subordinate and no other device is connected to the same IDE controller channel (primary or secondary).
Back to the top

CAUSE
This behavior may occur when you use Windows XP or a later operating system with some motherboards. Microsoft is researching this problem and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available.
Back to the top

RESOLUTION
To resolve this behavior, use one of the following methods:• For Parallel Advanced Technology Attachment (PATA) hard disks, configure your disk drive as master only. For Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) hard disks, connect the hard disk cable to a master channel SATA connector on the motherboard.
• Connect another device as a master, such as another disk drive or a CD drive or DVD drive.
• Change your PATA and SATA IDE cable even if the cable does not appear worn.
• Install Windows on a new hard disk because it is possible that your hard disk or your Windows installation may be corrupted.

Back to the top

MORE INFORMATION
Steps to reproduce the behavior
1. For PATA hard disks, set the hard disk jumper to slave mode. For SATA hard disks, connect the hard disk cable to a slave channel SATA connector on the motherboard.
2. In BIOS power management, set BIOS to S1 or S3 (STR).
3. Install Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2.
4. Restart the computer.
5. Set the computer to Standby.
6. Try to resume the system. The system stops responding.

maybe this will help

Also from teh looks of it sounds like it could be a pagefile problem.

STOP 0x000000F4 Error - TechSpot Troubleshooting

That is where i got this info from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom