Crysis V1.1 [first patch]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just can't wait to see the negative responses to this thread :p apparently anything with "crysis" in the title is destined for flames on this forum!

well i've been dissecting the patch from Crytek to see it's merits. firstly i have to say (contrary to most posts) that it does seem to significantly (or at least noticeably) improve performance on XP 32 bit, single card systems. it does fix a few single player glitches, most obvious it is now at least possible to take a headshot on a KPA troop manning a turret, with a weapon other than the precision rifle.

HOWEVER the patch seems to have introduced glitches as well. at least in my case i have found it impossible to progress past the level "Relic" without massive repetiton on delta difficulty. essentially i hit a brick wall on this mission where it would crash at every checkpoint.

what this pretty much amounted to was a complete inability to progress past the second checkpoint on this level (the first being the initial). obviously this became an incredible annoyance. my immediate solution. well.......no prize to who guessed it. i reverted to the prepatched version. while i do miss out on the performance optimisations, i am able to play past the god forsaken checkpoint on "Relic".

respect to all the Crysis addicts,
Nitestick

believe it or not (no offence) i knew that :). however looking through the first couple of pages of this section i can't see anything remotely close to discussing the pros and cons of the patch so i thought it was worth while voicing my opinion.

i installled the patch the day following it's release, though i haven't had the chance to play, let alone on delta until the last few days.

I reinstalled it on my vista partition to see what the big deal was, and it was STILL unplayabe at 1920x1200 and very high using SLI gts512s, so i had to turn it back down to high and it looks exactly the same as it did in XP. That is to say, it looks like every other boring game out there. I just cant get into the game no matter how hard i try. At least its not crashing on me like it was the first time around i was playing it.

Not sure, it was initially crashing on me in XP before the patch, i never tried it in vista until after the patch.

I can't even install it. I get a read error every time. No matter what I've tried it won't go. Then....to top it off I go to post the problem to EA's customer support site and their server is down....for 3 days. GAWD I hate EA....!!!

What store? This is one of the reasons i buy from microcenter, they have a 30 day return policy on all components. Heh i was actually able to even return my e6600 when i got my q6600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom