3870 X2 Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
maroon1: ^^

Get it through your heads people. Total System draw, not the card itself....

Thats doesn't change the fact that HD3870 X2 consume more power than GTX at full load

Tom's Hardware was using the same exact motherboard and CPU for both Nvidia and ATI video cards. So that means that Total System draw was higher when using HD3870 X2, because HD3870 X2 consume more power than GTX

We're just trying to get people to understand that when a power draw number is given on a review site, that includes the ENTIRE SYSTEM, not just the card.

Of course two GPUs will draw more than one GPU, given that the GPUs use roughly the same power. That's just common sense.

There is, however, a huge difference between what an entire system will use versus what just a card (or cards) will use. that distinction needs to be made regardless of which card is being examined.

Actually all of the graphs are Total system Draw unless they Explicitely state otherwise.

You people actually believed and X2 used 300 to 400 watts all by its little self??!

really? oh well thats my mistake.

no i didn't that wouldn't even be reasonable. they're supposed to be more power conservative as technology progresses i thought.

It sound like this card really pulls away from other cards with alot of AA and AF applied.

I really like the sound of that.

well the only way i can support 2 HD 3870 x2's is if i get the Sapphire version only. It's the only one that comes with one molex to 8 pin connector, im good on 6 pins.

oh n i got some good news, i might get my HD 3870 x2 sooner, so it looks like i might get one around the 8th ONLY if i get my paycheck on the 8th; if not, then around the 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom