Which OS for my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either XP or some distro of Linux. You'll be dissapointed with the performance of Vista with those specs. You need at least a dual core and 2 GB of RAM for Vista to feel not so sluggish. You already have 2 GB, but that CPU will be constantly being utilized by the OS. I ran Vista on a laptop with a 2.4 GHz Pentium M (faster than your CPU), 2 GB of DDR 533 RAM, and a 6800 Ultra video card and it was too sluggish for me.

How can you say that, when Mak has stated in this thread that he runs Vista on his laptop with a 1.8GHz processor and 1 gig of RAM without problems? Just because you had problems with it doesn't mean that other people will.

EDIT: Didn't realize the AMD TL56 is dual-core.:eek: That doesn't change the fact that he still might not have problems with Vista on it. Especially if he goes through and disables some of the services and such that are not necessarily required. Mak's desktop has a P4 as well thats only slightly faster.

How can you say that, when Mak has stated in this thread that he runs Vista on his laptop with a 1.8GHz processor and 1 gig of RAM without problems? Just because you had problems with it doesn't mean that other people will.

EDIT: Didn't realize the AMD TL56 is dual-core.:eek: That doesn't change the fact that he still might not have problems with Vista on it. Especially if he goes through and disables some of the services and such that are not necessarily required. Mak's desktop has a P4 as well thats only slightly faster.
I never said anything about having problems. I said when comparing it back to back with XP it's noticeably SLOWER and more sluggish.

Now, on my desktop, it runs like XP. I got more than enough power to run it here. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom