Starting my Pc overclock today. Few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the pc power and cooling 610W which is why i'm fairly certain it's not a power issue.

My FSB is 400.1mhz

My MB is fairly limited to what i can set my ram speed to. Like i said before if i set it over the stock 1066 it won't load into windows.

I noticed the power loss after reset only happened when i was over clocking and messing with the voltages. It seems to restart normally everytime now.

It is resetting because your OC in unstable. OR. Gigabyte boards are apparently picky when it comes to booting up with certain things plugged in. My DS3 was always resetting to stock speeds when my external hard drive was plugged in. Since I've unplugged it, it hasn't reset once.

What is your RAM voltage set at, and what is the recommended voltage for it? You can either find that on the box, or on newegg.

I don't have the option to get it at 1066. The only way that i've found that i can change the ram speed is by changing the ratio. The closest i can get is 1000mhz. Every other multiplier sends me over 1066mhz and it won't post past that.

Hmmm...I don't know what to tell you man. The only thing I can think of is that your Mobo doesn't like your RAM. DS3Ls are kind of finicky, or so I've heard.

If it was me, I'd increase the voltage more (say to 2.3-2.4) and just take it as far as possible.

EDIT: Ok, I just had some thoughts. What FSB:RAM ratio are you running? Also, does it run at 1066 when your CPU is at the stock speed? This is probably just occurring because the board doesn't have a FSB:RAM ratio to run the RAM at 1066 when your FSB is at 400 or whatever you have it set to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom