cliche video card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I have finally ordered my new motherboard and started the upgrade process, bit the bullet so to speak, now I'm pondering on what vid card I need...

I am not a fanboi, either Nvidia or ATI suggestions are welcome in this matter.

I would like DirectX 10, and I would like to stay under 70 dollars shipped, it needs to play older games like HL2, Doom 3, and so forth on high settings and new games like Crysis on low settings at least.

I was thinking the 8500GT realm. I have no idea what a comparable DX10 ATI card would be though... Just trying to find the best bang for the buck.

The new build will consist of
2x1Gb sticks of Geil DDR2
Biostar mobo 945GC MICRO 775
Intel E2140
and my current IDE DVD drive, HDD and PSU

I just want DX10 for future proofness, the only real reason that I'm upgrading in the first place.

If there is not much of a difference in video/game quality, then my question should be: What card can kill my 6800 (oc'd to ultra w/DDR3) that's PCIe for 70 bucks or under?

That 7600GT looks good, but my budget is strapped, gotta be 70 up front.

should be: What card can kill my 6800 (oc'd to ultra w/DDR3) that's PCIe for 70 bucks or under?

7600GT performs on par with 6800Ultra, or maybe slightly better but currently noting under $70 that can kill 6800Ultra

Try to get the X1950XT that darksideleader suggested, it cost $110 but it is the cheapest video card that can really kill 6800Ultra, but make sure that your PSU can handle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom