Freezing for no Fing reason!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well this just started happening about a week or 2 b4 i posted this thread... idk like i said i was concered at first about the age of the card but it seems to have no problems after it crashes (no more than twice) games run fine no jitter or dropped frames just smooth gameplay...

i doubt it if its not making any funky beeps i doubt it'd be the graphics card. if there was something with the graphics card there would be some sort of beeping when he turns it on so there would be a way to diagnose it as to how many beeps.

It could be that the graphics card is just starting to crap out on him. I have an old dell where the graphics card is getting so bad off that the screen is so dark and when i open internet there no graphics on it.

i have tried carbon, FFXI, half life 1 and 2, an old game called septerra core(you have probably never heard of it)....

all of which computer can handle no problem..

overheating... im pretty sure its not doing that i have a (albeit ******) water cooling system and the temps never go high. also running a program called speedfan to monitor that...

He is trying some steam games.

i can put all the games on 640x480 on low and still crashes.

pc crashes playing this

allgame ((( Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator [2005] > System Requirements )))

release date is WAY WRONG but just check the specs...

PC REQUIREMENTS
350MHz Processor
64MB RAM
300MB Hard Disk Space
8MB 3D Video Card
DirectX compatible Sound Card
DirectX 8.0
4X CD-ROM Drive
Keyboard
Mouse

^
| i cant play that without crashing...

FFXI, FEAR, Prey, Fable, Carbon, R.O.N., Grim Fandango, Curse of Monkey Island, Descent 3/Freespace... etc.. (sorry just got on a roll:))

i do play half-life 1&2, they are steam based but since all my games are not i cant believe that affects them...

but it does nothing else wrong!!! i REALLY hate that whole process i have xp from like 2001-2002 so the update process takes a freaking week...

i ran all the tests and nothing is wrong... idk i just got it running and working the way i want i hate to mess it all up again...

no other opinions......... i REALLY and i mean REALY dont want to format this thing

lol your trying to bust my balls aren't you?... jk there has GOT to be a better way... i will reformat if a have to but im at least waiting another week b4 i do

just back up what you need then go for a reformat

or if you have any other hard drives, save what you need to them.. then reformat what you got

or even partition the one you have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom