Colling my AMD processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4cKal^

Baseband Member
I have a 2400+ XP AMD and sometimes my temp read outs can be 145 degrees fahrenheit. Im thinking this is not a good thing so i was wanting some suggestions on how to cool my cpu.

WOW that is one incredible cpu cooling fan. Did not know they went all out on those.

But yah ill look in to gettin the volcano ,although the jet is much better looking, because the volcano is cheaper. Thanks for your help.

I have both, just haven't installed the Jet-7 yet - its still looking at me, I think its upset because i've had it over a week and still haven't installed :p

The Jet-7 is apparently better at cooling but the ThermalTake is still extremely good in my book :)

also should i look into gettin new thermal grease? how do i know if i need new thermal grease?

Almost all heatsinks bought retail come with thermal compound of some sort. People buy Arctic Silver 5 because apparently it cools the CPU by an extra 2 - 10 degrees celsius.

I am going to test this soon, I am going to install my Jet-7 heatsink using the thermal compound shipped with my Jet-7 and let it burn in properly, then check the temperature. I will then remove it using Vodka (my preferred choice) then install heatsink using Arctic Silver 5 to check the difference.

I bought my heatsinks from the UK so where I got them from won't help you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom