Crossfire and SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenvoid01

In Runtime
I recently just came across some interesting video cards by ATI. The ati 7500 All-in -wonder with 64mb and ATI radeon 700 w/ 256mb. Later on I will be getting the nvidia 8800gts from a friend. I am starting a new build and I was wondering if there was any way to combine crossfire and SLI so that I may utilize all of these cards at once.

I'll be using the intel q6700 with an intel mother board which I know is better suited for SLI and nvidia technologies. Is there a mother board and a psu I can invest in that utilizes both ati and nvidia technologies?

Both of those ATI cards are OLD and very outdated as far as gaming is concerned, so unless you are planning to use it as a capture card, theres not much reason to even bother using them once you get the 8800GTS

I am not a gamer The Ati 7500 is a tv tuner as well as a graphics card. I plan on using many multithreaded visual applications and I just want the most power and features I can get.

you can't even Crossfire an ATI AIW 7500, its only supported by x500 series and up

but I've heard rumors that you could hack an ABIT AW9D-MAX to be both SLI and Crossfire supported

Its one or the other on the AW9D-Max

You could run a crossfire or an sli setup specifically using the native support for crossfire and the use of modded drivers to support sli.

Both the 7500 and 700 are more useful as paperweights than as a graphics card. The 8800gts will provide a lot more power and the use of a simple pci tv tuner card will give you all the functionality of the all in wonder and more.

Also, rofl at the topic :D

ya I know, I meant it supports like both, not both at the same time... that would be unethical :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom