Windows 7 in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
But everyone forget so soon about the early days of Windows. Windows 95, 3 years alter Windows 98, 2 years later Windows ME, 2 years later Windows XP. They release a new OS every 2-3 years. This is their normal cycle. It wasnt till after XP that they dragged out a release to 6 years. We should in all respect be runnign Windows 7 now and the next beta should be beginning. We should be talking about Windows 8.:p

Yeahh :)

Hey Mak..

Windows 7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look at the screenshot they gave looks similar to Vista really..

I am not sure which thread i posted this but i will say it again. :p

Windows 7 right now will look almost exactly like Windows Vista as the code they use is the same at first. They make minor changes to it to show the new OS version and things like that but the first Milestone builds all look like the previous OS. Longhorn looked exactly like XP till it went into Beta. ;)

But here is a thought that crossed my mind. How are they using the same code? They are using the new MinWin kernel. Which is a small kernel compared to the one used for Vista. It is supposed to cut down on the size of the OS majorly. So how can they use the code for Vista when they are 2 different kernels? I will have to find out about this thought.....

But I can't find any official, or even reliable sources that say that M1 really exists. Can anyone point to some reliable evidence of it. I've seen plenty of unreliable evidence.

You wont find any real evidence. That is because the people who got it are people who actually follow the NDA. (Non-Disclosure Agreement) Everyone who gets these early builds has a agreement with Microsoft that they will not leak screenshots nor any info about the product. Not until after a specifc date at which time Microsoft has already made a announcement.

So you will not find any hard evidence that it exists. But take it from someone who talks to people in M$. It is out there. It is confirmed in the private newsgroups i follow for my MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom