How To Build A Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 to 28... i'll never go smaller than 28 again.. hahaha

and umm.. i got everything in... i've already built it! hahaha, i love the bios on that board.. your settings didnt work though.. my ram had to be booted at 2.4v on this board! yikes.. good thing thats still under warranty!

and i didnt know the board had its own volume so i don't gotta use the cases... and i currently don't use the case powerbutton.. i use the keyboard.. awesome stuff... pics coming up later today.. i'm at work

i added my own 110cfm fan into the tuniq... only thing is.. i had to face the air blowing towards my graphics card cuz thats the only way it would fit in!!!!

the bios on this 680i is definitely far better than the asus i've worked with already booted at 3.0ghz w/o a single problem.. i'm already in love w/ it...

formated the 320gb hdd just fine... added in my own 30gb ide drive just for simple things.. now got 600 gigs.. hoorah! i'm happy, this is a great build... and great on my 28 incher :)

did you disable the RAID?

you might also need to go back in, and put in YOUR Ram settings. Those were mine.

just let me know if you ever have any problems. i've also got those screen pics of the BIOS if you need to reset them. I also saved my settings under #3 if you need to bring them back up at any point.

i just reset cmos, and in windows went under the hard disk manager, and completely delete the partition you had, and reformated it, and its doing fine

and ya, my ram settings are already in, running 5-5-5-15 2t right now cuz i havent played w/ timings, but imma set those to 3-4-4-14 1t once i get back home

and 1 stick can boot at 2.1v but the other only boots at 2.4v :(

ha i remember having a really old 15" CRT, we used to call it Chunkie Whitey. and i upgraded to a dell 17" LCD and yea it does make a difference even in the smaller screens. Im thinking about getting a 24

ya i'll have plenty of pics tonite, i re-arranged my room for maxmium viewage of my new screen

the cd drive being having to use an SATA power connector mad a bit more wires than i'd like.. so did the 2 cathodes i have.. but i guess it still looks nice... i still needa add my exhaust fan on the top

and in the drive bays i have my old thermaltake armor hard drive rack there w/ a fan for extra airflow

i'm in love w/ the case, at 3ghz i'm at 30c idle, so imma look for a nice 36 idle at a higher clock, once i hit that, i'm good... i'm hoping it'll be something around 3.6ghz

ya, but most the time its not done on a 680i

and i mean 3.6 ghz for 24/7 use w/o going over 36ish idle, i'm hoping its possible

i'm hoping.. even if i gotta do some insane voltage.. i can get a benchmark like 3dmark06 at 4ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom