Boot up issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spookie

Solid State Member
Hello

I put together a computer for some friends the other day and when I had the system was at my place it would boot into windows 2000 no problem everything worked perfectly

It was hooked up to my monitor which is the same brand as the one I have a Studioworks 700s

However when they took it home the system started up ok, it gets to the prompt starting windows 2000 and then the screen goes black and the monitor 's green light turns yellow, however the CPU still has a green light indicating the computer is still on.

Anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Its a Pentium 4 P4R800-W with 512 megs of RAM
with a GeForce FX2000 graphics card.

Thank you

I know that we have the exact same model it's and LG Studioworks 700s that was purchased from the same place. How could I check to see if they have the same resolution?

Yes I have one beep code just befor it does the windows startup as the screen goes black with a cursor in the upper right hand corner then after a brief pause it has the windows startup scrollbar display at the bottom of the screen then shortly after we have the difficulty with the monitor

K I got them to remove the cover and made sure that the card is seated properly and that there are no bent pins. The monitor is plugged in properly to the graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom