Problems with laptop and router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Humm that's funny how it's working now?

You can access your gateway via 192.168.1.1, what do you need to do now?

yeah its funny how it started working. Well i just wanted to know if there are any settings that i need to change from the default settings, my laptop can access the internet via wireless. I cant find anything about wireless settings on google, etc. Thank you all for your help.

Ok, well ill do that then, and other than encrypting the network, are there any other particular settings settings that i need to change? because i still cant get internet with my router the way it is.

In one post you say you can access the internet in another you say you can't?

My router is back to original default settings, but i still cannot get internet on my laptop, my desktop is fine, but my laptop wont connect to the internet. I was wondering which, if any, settings I need to change on my router? Linksys WRT54G

If its default it should be fine, was there anything funny about your wireless internet before you couldn't access the internet with it?

Your router may be setup to only allow certain MAC addresses to connect, check this in your CP.
Are you using a wireless manager, if so return to defualt settings and rescan. Are the wireless managers/cards different on the laptop/PC?

Sorry to ask, but how do I change MAC adresses, etc? Also, this is the message that i get when i troubleshoot my connection. "The may be a problem with you DNS server settings"

The MAC address is what identifies your network adapter on the network, generally this cannot be changed, but you should have to option to allow it in your router CP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom