2 harddrives, 1 not showing up in My Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyledogg

Baseband Member
Rite, i have 2 harddrives on my computer, one with Windows XP Pro and the other with Mandrake Linux 10. My problem is the Mandrake Linux HD wont show up in My Computer.

could it be because mandrake is formatted with something other than FAT or NTFS? if something completely fails it always something very obvious and simple. it could also be that the hard disk has completely failed or is not connected properly. the first thing to check is what file system is mandrake formatted with.

-edit
i'm re-reading your question. I don't know what you mean exactly by "won't show up". which operating system is it booting to? are you trying to access the mandrake hard disk through winXP? is the hard disk being detected in the BIOS on bootup?

First, check if the BIOS detect "both" drives. If not, you prolly have set your jumper wrong or your HD is not properly connected.

dual boot is one thing but to access a linux drive from XP u would need 3rd party software to read... guess it depends on the file allocation table that u are using for linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom