safe temps for video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I have the x1600pro 512mb its 500/400 stock, i usually go to around 513/414 with ATI tool. When i play day of defeat source, the highest ive seen the temp get is 65c. What temp should i start worrying? Also, does OCing my video card use more of my PSU? i have a crappy 450w i dont want to overload it from OCing my video card.

YEs overclocking is going to pull more power, but your temps are fine. Upper 80s is when i'd start to worry.

Those temperatures are fine, that PSU is a poor unit, but with only an X1600PRO i dont think you are going to overload it, unless your runing with a few hard drives and a high clocked P4 or something.

if your stove stopped working you could basically cook everything on your video card lol

Lol. Yeah, its voltmodded, but I've got a couple fans around it to help keep it cooler. It never gets that high for anything other than 3dmark. CoD4 takes it up to around 75, but thats it.

Upper 80C on ALL cards is the bad point? Or does it differ with each card?

well the newer cards can take more heat, but it still isnt safe gaming in the 80degree rangte.
my gts was going to 85 while playing crysis, but raising the fan speed changed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom