can't overclock xp2800+ over 2310mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil4915

Baseband Member
I have my multiplier at 11x210. if i go to 11.5 it either doesn't boot into windows or the computer won't start and i have to reset the bios. have i reached the max or am i doing something wrong? I even tried uping the vcor up 1 notch on the list and it still didn't turn on.

thanks,
ryan

you're probably at the max.. do you know what mhz a 2800+ has???

a 2800+ is at 1.8 ghz. you overclocked it a lot

If your CPU is adequately cooled then it could be your motherboard or memory holding you back. What speed is your memory as you increase the FSB?

What temperature are you running at within BIOS?

temp in bios is 49 celcius.

memory unfortunatly is Kingston value ram. the timings are set at "agressive" whcih is 3-3-3-8 if i move the fsb to anything above 211 it goes to 3-3-3-9. if i set the ram at "turbo" setting of 3-2-2-7 it doesnt startup at all(never did even before overclocking)

by the way, wats the default multiplier of the 2800+?

ryan

geo3tech said:
you're probably at the max.. do you know what mhz a 2800+ has???

a 2800+ is at 1.8 ghz. you overclocked it a lot

The default speed for the 2800+ Barton is actually 2080 MHz with a 12.5 Multiplier and 166MHz FSB.

The Kingston value RAM line is just that, value based versus high performance based. If you upgrade it to their HyperX line, you should be able to get the results you're trying to get.

It depends what speed the Kingston is, is it PC2700 or PC3200?

I usually go for a memory speed a speed higher than my default FSB speed to allow for overclocking.

I bought PC3200 (DDR400) for my XP2500+ (333FSB), but then upgraded to a XP3200+ and I didn't have to upgrade memory. I will be getting PC4000XMS soon and transferring other Corsair down to System 2 - then I will overclock my XP2500+ from 166FSB to 200FSB and have a system practically the same minus VGA/HDD :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom