dvd burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooney456

Solid State Member
hello, i am new to this forum, and i was wondering if any of you had any experience with copying dvds. every time i have tried to copy a movie i get a copyright message, i was reading in another forum and read about a program named shrink, i tried it and it seemed to only back up my dvds, i would like to be able to play the movies in my home stereo system. Is there a step that i am missing?

any help would be greatly apprieciated.

thanks again
mooney456

Welcome to this forum,

yes DVD's cannot be copied directly, what you have to do is: decrypt the DVD into your hard drive (this 4.7GB will become around 17-18GB), and then again encrypt into DVD-Burner again shkinkin gthis size into 4.7 or less GB.

but the thing is, you never get exactly 100% quality when ever your decrypt and encrypt. (am not in this piracy stuff, but knows how things are done) :)

what do you use to decrypt the dvd to your hard drive?

and then what steps do you go through to shrink it to a dvd

thanks again, for all help

mooney456

her are you my friend, with link for the FREE DVD decrypter software (its Free of course) but you'll be needing the DVD Encrypter softwre, which I believe to be not free( I think) but you can try the trial versions of them.

i am unable to tell u naes of encrypter softwares, as I have only once decrypt the DVD (checking what effects it brings on actual DVD and result = 17-18 GB)

here is the link am mentioning, this is oficial site for dvd decrypter. and those who are interested in this, do visit the site, play around (but avoid piracy)

DVD Decrypter Official Site + software (Free)

The program you were talking about is called DVD SHRINK and it works great. It will copy your DVD and you can play them on your dvd player at home. It works with NERO so you need this program as well to do it in one shot. BTW DVD SHRINK is free, do a google search.

just about anything is free for computers... just do a search for it.. i know people that can get just about anything.. its kinda funny!!

first of all its easyer than you think to do this ill run you through it put your dvd in your drive open dvd shrink click on open disc it will then scan the dvd create a folder for the dvd to go into then hit backup in shrink you will get two folders one called video_ts and one called audio_ts you dont need to use the audio_ts folder just the video_ts next open whatever burn prog u use i have nero open nero goto create dvd video add your video_ts folder then click finished then click next then next again and it will burn hey presto if your still strugling try this guide http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm

Create a new folder in the C drive,,,,, named,,,, VIDEO_TS

Then open dvd shrink ( use dvd shrink 2.3 ) the newer version has some hiccups

dvd shrink will then analize the dvd

Then click Reauthor

on the right click on largest title file and drag to the left under the New DVD column

make sure there is no red up on the size bar should only be green ,
If any red is showing, compress to what ever level you need ( level 1 or 2 or 5 ) Compresson box on the right.

then click back up and back it up to the folder you created on the C drive VIDEO_TS

When finished use nero to burn the copy

It is that simple mlr had everything right except for forgetting the reauthoring part.

i did it the way that mlr said and everything worked great except for the sound during the actual movie was not there, but the main menu and the previews all had sounds any ideas there.

still thankyou everyone for your help this is by far the most helpful forum i have ever been too!!!

mooney456

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom