x38 or 780i

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you actually had a 680i or do you just go by what you read on the internet? because the only people who ever have a problem with the 680i are the people who have never owned one, or people who read about it on the internet....i NEVER had one single problem from my 680i

vdubs has burnt up on him and i had a few customers at work have there 680i burnt up read that AnandTech: NVIDIA 780i: Evolution Plus Triple SLI
and you wont find 780i to be much of an improvement
Since 780i is 680i with an added chip to support PCI 2.0 and two more x16 PCIe ports
meaning the 780i has all the exact same problems as the 780i does. the 680i is a very flawed chipset, and it is comonly know to be unstable out of the 7 gaming rigs i built at work last year, we used the 680i chipset 6 of those times one of them was the 975x, 4 of the 680i boards had to be rma'd a few months later. so from work experience i dotn like the 680i. we also contacted our retailer and where told they received a bad batch of 680i boards, and that couldnt be helped. many people will say the 680i is great but one day itl burn up on them just like vdubs did. especially when you over clock them. so dont try and tell me i dont have any experience with these board with out knowing first hand. if you didnt notice, my name is amd gt player the gt stands for nvidia as i am a huge nvidia fan. i just buy the better products tis all

EDIT: mgcook you forget that, not everyone on here are just personel users, some of us actually build sell and repair computers for a living, well for me it was spare cash.

vdubs has burnt up on him and i had a few customers at work have there 680i burnt up read that AnandTech: NVIDIA 780i: Evolution Plus Triple SLI
and you wont find 780i to be much of an improvement
Since 780i is 680i with an added chip to support PCI 2.0 and two more x16 PCIe ports
meaning the 780i has all the exact same problems as the 780i does. the 680i is a very flawed chipset, and it is comonly know to be unstable out of the 7 gaming rigs i built at work last year, we used the 680i chipset 6 of those times one of them was the 975x, 4 of the 680i boards had to be rma'd a few months later. so from work experience i dotn like the 680i. we also contacted our retailer and where told they received a bad batch of 680i boards, and that couldnt be helped. many people will say the 680i is great but one day itl burn up on them just like vdubs did. especially when you over clock them. so dont try and tell me i dont have any experience with these board with out knowing first hand. if you didnt notice, my name is amd gt player the gt stands for nvidia as i am a huge nvidia fan. i just buy the better products tis all

EDIT: mgcook you forget that, not everyone on here are just personel users, some of us actually build sell and repair computers for a living, well for me it was spare cash.

well jeez.. now I am back to square one. I guess the p5e is the board I will be ordering..

well jeez.. now I am back to square one. I guess the p5e is the board I will be ordering..

you just gotta make your own decision. i'd not base it off what people tell me over the internet though. because people are always going to knock down a product no matter how great it is.

I think for $250 you should get the 780i, I'd usually say its BS for $300, but $250 isn't that harsh, either that or you can get an Asus p5e or Maximus Formula

I think for $250 you should get the 780i, I'd usually say its BS for $300, but $250 isn't that harsh, either that or you can get an Asus p5e or Maximus Formula

I am gonna wait atleast 2 days. I think I can get a p5e for less than 200. If that is the case, that is what I am gonna order. If not, I will look else where. But I have to install my e8400 on the board I am on right now anyway, so I have a few days. (I sold my e6600 on accident, long story) :D Either one will make me really happy.

either of the 3 will do you just fine...

but if you think you will want to SLI or Crossfire in the future now is the time to think about it.

either of the 3 will do you just fine...

but if you think you will want to SLI or Crossfire in the future now is the time to think about it.

yeah, I know... Which is one reason I think I like the 780i, but on the other hand, I dont know... urg!

Oh well, if I can get the asus for less than 200, I am gonna go for it. If not.. oh well. I will pick up a 780 maybe. The next three days or so will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom