pre-build questions, VERY IMPORTANT :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
e2180 overclocks very well, im at 3.0ghz and idle at 22-26 C (dunno if speedfans right but i can't get coretemp and everest to work)
i haven't tried to max it because i'm too lazy to keep unplugging my system then taking it out of the desk then opening it then resetting cmos, i envy x38 lol

e2180 overclocks very well, im at 3.0ghz and idle at 22-26 C (dunno if speedfans right but i can't get coretemp and everest to work)
i haven't tried to max it because i'm too lazy to keep unplugging my system then taking it out of the desk then opening it then resetting cmos, i envy x38 lol

SpeedFan is so ridiculously wrong. Add 15 degrees Celsius to get your real temps.

have you considerd going amd at all? you could pick up a 5000+ and a 790x board with a 8800gt or 3800 series card.

Yeah, I did, but I don't know the first thing aboud AMD procs or boards. I looked at Phenom for comparison to Q6600, and it's nearly the same price here, also checked the recommended mb for AMD (om the sticky) and it turnedout even more expensive than 650i.

How dated is 5000+? As dated as E2180? :) And is it performing better? I wouldn't mind going AMD if it'll save money and be on the same level of performance.

OK, I've looked up MSI 790X and AMD 5000+ (not the black ed.) and it rules out a bit more expensive then the Intel setup. Is worth it? I'd sort of step out of my comfort zone with AMD :). Plus I know when I'll have more cash I could slap 45nm in my Intel rig, but I've no idea whether AMD as a company will offer a good value in the future. They're not doing really well. For now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom