Dual os's

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
If I get a second HD, can i put linux on one and windows on the other. I saw a friend do it a while ago. I just HATE microsoft and i want linux but microsoft i need :rolleyes: .

if you are gonan isntall Red Hat, then you'll definately require 2nd H/D,

like in my case, if yu are isntalling any of the Mandrake/SuSE, you wont even be requiring the 2nd Hard Drive, as these can as wll be installed on FAT32 / NTFS.

now tll me your requirements, and i'll lead you to that forum's (I posted my screen shots somewhere else) and it has got description as well.

Ok, I want SuSE Linux Pro 9.1 and Windows XP Pro, I think i'lll need a new HD because mine is really small.

I have added a thread on other forum, about my SuSE Linux 9.0 (screen shots and some description),

here is the link

SuSE Linux 9.0 Professional

it as well has got some description on Linux Types/Graphical Interfaces., Linux Developers etc etc

this link is linked to my post, on main forum woindow, you'll find my 3/4 othernpages with screen shots.

Linux on Full (SuSE 9.0/9.1) takes around 6GB of space as installtion.

even you can install SuSE on the same hard drive on which you are uisng windows. But I have installed it in other. there are few issues though, which I'll let you know once you have planned to start

Anytime,

Anyway, I should have re-write it here, but it took me around 2 hours capturing screen shots and writing thta stuff. so i'll now give links only as if required by some.

and if you are interested in installing, better check your mobo compatibility with SuSE, as mine isnt fully (wil become in future though), as for new mobo's A7N8X is fully compatible, so I have recently un-installed it from my system, and re-instaled it on my otrher IBM (intel 815 chipset) wher its fully compatible, and these sceen shots are from IBM. (i'll alter my signature as well)

here is the hardwar database link for the SuSE supported hardware

put Asus (for example) in first vendor Box

and seect say motherboard in catagory (leave device blank)

and it'll show u, unfortunatly they dont have vey smart search option, so youm have to go through all models to find urself,

and if its written partially (means not fully supported, but in futire it will)

and if its written full, then ok to, go,

ATi radeon and creative are though suported by SuSE.

here is the hardware database link to SuSE

SuSE Hardware Database

hmm, you may, in near future, as every day they can come up with new driver for the hardware. as for the latest news, they are fully supporting the 5950 Ultra.

and 6800 hasnt even penetrated the manufacturers fully, so wait a little, you'll get eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom