1st Build, Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozzo06

Beta member
hey guys, like i said this will be my first time building a pc. I've read in numerous forums and articles that it isn't to hard as long as you have a familiarity with all the parts. I also have numerous guides online that do a step by step walk through of putting everything together. So far here is my build, i'll be ordering it in the next week or so.

Newegg.com - Thermaltake Armor Series VA8003BWS Black Full Tower Case w/ 25CM Fan - Retail
ThermalTake Armor Case w/ 25cm Fan

Newegg.com - OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W Power Supply 100 - 240 V - Retail
OCZ GameXstream 700W Power Supply

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Gigabyte P35-DS3R

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale

Newegg.com - Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Kingston HyperX 2 GB

EVGA G92 GTS 512 MB

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB

Sony NEC Optiarc Black 20X DVD

SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22" 2 ms

Windows Vista Home Premium

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer

Sorry for not putting links on the last couple of parts, the internet here sucks (i'm deployed :| ) Anyways if anyone has any input on better parts or compatibility issues, please let me know. Also if anyone has any good links to building guides online, it would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Tech Forums!

Looks like a very good build. A few points to make:

-That PSU is not very popular here due to alleged power ripples. Its also more powerful than you need. A Corsair HX 520 would do perfectly

-Some Crucial Ballistix might better serve you than the Kingston RAM

-Do you really need the sound blaster? The onboard 7.1 is pretty good.

-Urg. Vista. Your choice, I guess.

Looks great otherwise, though.

EDIT: Oh, you might also want to look into an aftermarket HSF (Cpu HeatSink & Fan), if you plan to overclock. the Tuniq Tower 120 is a good, high performance option.

Welcome to the Tech Forums!

Looks like a very good build. A few points to make:

-That PSU is not very popular here due to alleged power ripples. Its also more powerful than you need. A Corsair HX 520 would do perfectly

-Some Crucial Ballistix might better serve you than the Kingston RAM

-Do you really need the sound blaster? The onboard 7.1 is pretty good.

-Urg. Vista. Your choice, I guess.

Looks great otherwise, though.

EDIT: Oh, you might also want to look into an aftermarket HSF (Cpu HeatSink & Fan), if you plan to overclock. the Tuniq Tower 120 is a good, high performance option.

wow those are some build critiques I would have made... but I especially agree on the GameXStream ripples...

my friend bought a new rig a couple weeks ago, used the gameXstream PSU. Set his comp up, played crysis for a bit, and poof, his PSU blew up, fried his MB and his CPU. Last month another of my friends built a new comp, same PSU, lasted a week and poof, his PSU went up in smoke.

Both were esperienced builders and both comps were not overclocked, so a warning to those who are looking at the gamexstream PSU's

whoa thats pretty extreme considering many pc build forums recommend them and won't listen to my comments :/

Tuniq tower 120 won't fit in that case w/ the side fan on

looks like a good well planned out build. however i would suggest the same as above, maybe look into some different ram and definitely a new PSU, plus 700W is a bit overkill for that build. look into the 450W/550W corsair VX or even the 520W/620W corsair HX's.

nah the 620hx has the same 12V amps as the 520hx and is louder

520hx can handle pretty much anything you throw at it

i know a guy who has that mobo, he likes the onboard sound better then his sound card (don't know what SC he has though) unless u realy want the best sound possible u should go with the onboard instead of spending the extra money on the x-fi

nah the 620hx has the same 12V amps as the 520hx and is louder

520hx can handle pretty much anything you throw at it

exactly, AMD GT Player and myself discovered that the extra 100watts come from the 5Volt rails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom