Proccessor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextrzaska

In Runtime
hi ok i am wanting to buy one of these 2 laptops, the first one has the following: intel centrino solo 1.6ghz, 1gig ram, the second has intel celeron m, 1.6ghz and 1 gig ram, which would u recomend for performance, i would rather buy the celeron one b.c it has a 128mb graphics card and teh centrino only has 64mb, if i did go with the centrino, how much of a diff would i notice?, i would do gaming once in a while on the computer too

Hello,

Could you provide more information about the two laptops, such as the manufacturer and model?

Graphics memory may not be dedicated. It's likely to be shared memory (a portion of RAM allocated to graphics). If this is the case, available graphics memory will be dependant on the amount of allocated RAM (which can usually be specified in the BIOS settings), and the total amount of RAM installed in the system.

Making a decision based on the information given, I'd go for the first laptop with the Intel Centrino Solo processor because it has more L2 cache, has Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology and consumes less power, while the Intel Celeron M processor has less L2 cache, does not have EIST and has a higher thermal design power rating.

Still...If your budget permits, I'd suggest you purchase a laptop with a dual core processor instead.

centrino is intel's marketing moniker for a system which has an intel cpu, mobo chipset and wireless hardware...

centrino SHOULD include only the higher end intel cpus
I say should because some places actually sell "celeron centrino" which is bogus.

processor wise, it will be mure more efficient to go with the non celeron, ie., the centrino. But try to verify what centrino cpu you are getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom