e8400+ASUS SLI plus= trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOcLuE98

Biohazardous
Hey!
So I got so excited I didnt really think this through. Once I have my e8400 installed, the bios screen wont even show. Everything powers up, and stays powered up, but nothing shows on the screen. The tracers I have (tried them in all different slots, one two, all kinds of stuff) dont light up with activety. They do provide the soft blue glow, but that is it. Do I need to flash my bios? I think this is most likely it. Can you guys provide me with a link to a good program? I can download the latest bios for my sli plus. Is there a flash guide on here somewhere? ( I would look, but I have to write a paper for tomorrow and reinstall my e6600 so I can flash my bios.) Thanks!

Anything else you can think of, I would love it!

since I plan on getting a 780i soon, like tonight probably ordering. Should I worry about flashing the bios? or just put my e6600 in until my new mobo gets here?

The 680i needs a BIOS update. The Asus motherboard comes with a program to flash the BIOS while in windows.

Yep, the nvidia boards arent going to like the new 45nm chips unless you have flashed the bios to one that supports it. I would just stick with the 6600 until you get the 780i board.

yeah, that is what I am gonna do. I was just hopin it was simpler than that. Well that confirms my beliefs. :D thanks guys. Back to my paper! almost done!

sorry for the double post but this needs a bump.

I Have a prob!

I put my e6600 back in, same thing happened. Everything that I listed above. Same, no RAM lighting up, runs, doesnt crash. but nothing shows up on the screen. Any idea what could be wrong? I am gonna go watch a show with my dad. Be back in a little while. Please leave a message, and site on how to do it or something. I am pretty dumb :D

Thanks!

Don't you have to reset the CMOS after changing any kind of major component on the board? If you didn't do that after switching out the processors I would give that a shot.

no luck. I look out the little lithium battery, turned it on without it, and put it back in, nothing changed. Either time. Is that resetting cmos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom