100% sure this will be new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HD 3870 is not better then the 8800GT. Just cause it has better paper stats don't mean its better. Check out these game results for both.

bit-tech.net | R680: AMD ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2 - Introduction

Go to the game result pages, the first is Crysis. And I have no desire for crossfire/sli.

wel my bad on that...i forgot to edit my post.
the 3870 is better in crossfire when comparing to sli gt's.

well if your interested in the evga gts 512 get it here
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N841-AR GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

and apply this code to get more off: EMCABCKAG to get $15 off.

krazyq is right, no no on x38, since you can get the hd3870 or 8800gt

EDIT: krazyq do u have any Promo Codes for like hd3850's or something?

hah what do you think of me...deal catcher, jk!

well i havnt seen anything yet...sorry. although i have this:
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100233L Radeon HD 3450 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

It Features ATI Unified Video Decoder (UVD) technology and fanless cooling, meaning this card could represent great potential for a basic HTPC system.(copied from somewhere:D )

hah what do you think of me...deal catcher, jk!

well i havnt seen anything yet...sorry. although i have this:
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100233L Radeon HD 3450 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

It Features ATI Unified Video Decoder (UVD) technology and fanless cooling, meaning this card could represent great potential for a basic HTPC system.(copied from somewhere:D )

rofl, that card performs worse than their hd2400xt (still better than their hd2400pro though) I'm just asking to see if theres anything within the $150 with a Promo Code that'll go in this system

rofl, that card performs worse than their hd2400xt (still better than their hd2400pro though) I'm just asking to see if theres anything within the $150 with a Promo Code that'll go in this system

well thats all i got now.

if you ever wanna check by your self, goto:
slickdeals.com or
sign up @ Compare Prices, Store Reviews and Ratings by Real People and they will email you everyday.
theres a thread posted up in b/s/t and idk why its not stickied.

krazyq is right, no no on x38, since you can get the hd3870 or 8800gt

get the AF7 instead, how about a better PSU instead of an Ultra...

Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

better spec'ed than those XMS2, and cheaper (Corsair don't do good rebates FYi)

also I don't see a 64bit OS listed there, so you can't even use 4gb

EDIT: krazyq do u have any Promo Codes for like hd3850's or something?

Thanks for that link to that memory. I guess they just added that.

One thing I've found picking stuff for a custom computer, its very frustrating. Its like new better parts fall out the sky once a week.

Thanks for that link to that memory. I guess they just added that.

One thing I've found picking stuff for a custom computer, its very frustrating. Its like new better parts fall out the sky once a week.

actually thats been there for a couple of months

I would totally go with a Pnenom processor over that duo piece of junk. the 9500 is $199, check it out.

wow you haven't seen a Phenom in benchmarks it doesn't even beat their Athlon 6000+ in situations

wow you haven't seen a Phenom in benchmarks it doesn't even beat their Athlon 6000+ in situations

the phenom had a bug. but wwhen they fixed it with a firmware update the performance degreesed byt about 10%.
i do feel sorry for amd since i was hoping they would finally have some success.e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom