Q6700 vs Phenom 9500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely not. It depends on your budget. The Phenom system I detailed is great and for aloit less money if you want to head down the Quad trail!

he Phenom and mobo upgrade cost $289.

he is right... that is a great budget build... i would be proud of it for that price... $289 is an amazing price for both a mobo and a quad core regardless of its comparison to another quad core...

he is right... that is a great budget build... i would be proud of it for that price... $289 is an amazing price for both a mobo and a quad core regardless of its comparison to another quad core...

I think you missed the post that explained a Q6600 upgrade costs about the same and kicks the sh** out of the 9500. AMD and ATI are for fanboi's right now...until they get with the program. Doesn't make much sense to buy one. Only reason anyone would is brand loyalty.

Must of...

Q6600 + mobo doesnt cost same though ... :/ isnt it like over $100 more? yes better but if you dont have that money then you have ati to back up onto...

I am not a fanboi of nutin btw except maybe emachines <3

Doesn't make much sense to buy one. Only reason anyone would is brand loyalty.

I dont agree with that statement, Heres my view.

Look at it this way. Youve got two cars, one costs less and is cheaper, the other costs more and is a bit faster, but you buy the cheaper one simply because it does what you need it to do and you dont need to show off how fast your car is to anybody.

Yes, i do have an amd rig right now, and my previous rig was also amd based, but it was built in the p4 days, where amd dominated. But my first system was intel, and my laptop is also intel based, centrino. I dont consider myself a fanboy, i originally started out building a budget rig but just kept adding and adding. I dont have the fastest system, so what? I can run all games out right now on max with good fps, so im straight.

I think you missed the post that explained a Q6600 upgrade costs about the same and kicks the sh** out of the 9500. AMD and ATI are for fanboi's right now...until they get with the program. Doesn't make much sense to buy one. Only reason anyone would is brand loyalty.

Is that the post where he assumes that someone building a budget system will spend the same amount overall as someone buying a Q6600 system, therefore jumping the price up and making it a low percent?

Fry's has a Phemom and MB combo for $255 or something, and regularily runs deals of ram 4gbs for $75. Add on a nice GPU for $200 or so and then an extra $50 for case, $50 for psu, $50 for HD and $20 for optical drive...

And you have a nice Quad Core system for like $650 end cost.

Edit: There is also the concerns of people who want a quad core for non-gaming. What about a workstation? A server? Take off the GPU and you would have a Quad Core 4gb ram system for $450.

Oh and, the 9500 is not meant to compete with the q6700. Compare the q6600 and 9500 at the same speed, thats a more fair fight.

Oh and, the 9500 is not meant to compete with the q6700. Compare the q6600 and 9500 at the same speed, thats a more fair fight.

thats the exact point i am going to put out

in the test posted the Q6600 is overclocked giving a advantage over the none overclocked phenom 9500 so its not a fair contest to start off with

maby if there both stock with the same GPU, PSU, DDR and all the little bits the same (or as near as) then it would be fair

my opinion woul be that the Q6600 is for people who like to overclock who are on some sort of budget where as the phenom 9500 is more geared towards some one is not after overclocking but still on a budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom