Need Urgent Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarrenX

In Runtime
First of all thank you guys for posting, i can't tell you how hectic my last 6 days have been.

Ok here is the problem, my Dads computer is having a consistent massive problem:

Ok so he decided to build his own computer and we got the following stuff
Asus M3A, 2 gigs Corsair XMS, AMD 5600+ X2, 7800GT (had for a while on my compt and it works fine), 550PSU, 1 Pioneer DVD drive (Sata2), Seagate Sata2 500gb HDD, and 1 ide drive at master.

So here is the problem, after we install windows everything works fine for about 2 boots, then it happens....The screen freezes, whereby we reset only to find that windows keeps freezing and resetting on OS boot (with the little bar) and we can't even get into safe mode!

I've built comps so i suggested getting 2 identical DVD drives and returning the mobo, cpu, and hdd.

So we did that, we got a new X2 5600+, a new Seagate 500GB sata2, a new M2N32-SLI Deluxe, and a second pioneer sata2. Ok now heres the kicker, we also got windows vista 32bit...

SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!

It works the first 1-2 boots and then freezes, after that windows fails to load every time, safe mode wont load, and disk-boot errors.

I mean ive done everything in my power to solve this, ive flashed bios (without any probs), ive reset bios, ive disabled HDD SMART, ive OS, i cant think of what else to do.

Using deduction ive narrowed it down to the 2 things remaining unchanged:
the 7800GT, and the 550PSU.

I have no idea what is going on and my dad REALLY needs to get his comp up, please someone out there help! Any suggestions or anything would be really appreciated.

*TYVM SO MUCH

-Warren

Try clearing the CMOS and check your PSU rails, CPU, and GPU temperatures. Which PSU do you have? How many amps on the 12v?

heres some good news tho, if you have two or more sticks of ram, its possible that one of those sticks just might not be seated correctly. thats what turned out to be my problem when that happend to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom