Why I might consider a 9800GX2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
Well, I'm not quite satisfied with my 512MB 8800GTS, even though it is the 3rd best card on the market, but oh well.. I need more power!

I've considered getting a second one, but that's an extra $300-350 to be plunked down. Plus, the resell value of an 8800GTS is really iffy, because many people in the mainstream market will get confused by the 640MB version and think my card is inferior (very frustrating). So I'm hoping that I can sell this card out there for at least $300 somehow, which by mainstream retail standards, is a pretty good price, a GTS at my local store is $400! :eek:

Now, assuming that the 9800GX2 will perform at least equal to or greater than a pair of 512 8800GTS, it will be a good deal if the speculated price of $449 becomes a reality (rather than paying $600/$700 for two 8800GTS)

Here's the interesting part. The resell value of this card will be tremendous, by the time the 9800GTX comes out (which hopefully they would've designed a new core for), the average person probably wouldn't even be aware of the 9 series yet, and here I come with a GX2 version! "Woah" they'll say, and I'm sure I'll make a pretty penny off of that if not at least break even.

What do you guys think of this.... "plan"?

I'm hoping that the 9800GTX comes out in time for my stepup, if not, i'll probably just stepup both cards to the GX2 and hope my psu is enough.

by third best you mean 3870x2 > ultra >GTS512? because its pretty much neck and neck with the GTX until you hit 30" monitor resolutions.

Ive been trying, but i cant get any kind of stability out of this 680i above 3.6ghz and i really need it running 4ghz with a high vid card overclock to break my old score. I'll probably try some more this weekend, i've just been lazy lately.

Ive been trying, but i cant get any kind of stability out of this 680i above 3.6ghz and i really need it running 4ghz with a high vid card overclock to break my old score. I'll probably try some more this weekend, i've just been lazy lately.

what voltages do you run? i ran 3dmark at 4.0Ghz just fine with my 680i

Lemme see.

Sell GTS G92, buy the GX2, sell the GX2, buy the GTX

Is that it? Seems like alot of wasting money and such I would just buy a card and try to stick iwth it.

I hung on to my 6200 PCI for 2 years before I finally got upgraded to the 8800GT lol

My fx5200 is still badass, gets me 60 fps on CS:S...

But gotta love my 2 new 8800gt's now <3

Yes, i wont be making the switch over to the 9 series... i consider myself stuck with what i have for a long while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom