Windows 7 in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
The crew at WinVistaClub asked Microsoft about the recent rumors of a 2009 release date for Windows 7 and got this response. The answers are a bit vague but it does seem to squash all the 2009 rumors.
Contrary to all that is being said on the net, it clearly looks like Microsoft is NOT planning to release Windows 7 in 2009. Microsoft's official response, by an Email dated 26th January, 2008, to WinVistaClub states that Windows 7 is still in the planning stage and will take approximately 3 years to develop.

Windows 7 in 2011? : Welcome To Tech-Dump

In addition, Windows Vista is being adopted by businesses at a rate that is similar to past releases.
And every major corporation I am familiar with is still using 2000/NT. Hmmm...

Okay i can call BS on this.

Q. Has Windows 7 been released to manufacturing?

A. We're continuing to work with our partners on the development of Windows 7, and are not sharing any additional information at this time.

I have added emphasis to the part that needs it. Windows 7 RTM? Hello? Anyone see a problem with this question? If it was RTM we would be using it RIGHT NOW. This just goes to show how well you can count on the source for accuracy. Sorry but this is total bunk.;)

Okay i can call BS on this.

I have added emphasis to the part that needs it. Windows 7 RTM? Hello? Anyone see a problem with this question? If it was RTM we would be using it RIGHT NOW. This just goes to show how well you can count on the source for accuracy. Sorry but this is total bunk.;)

So you think "partners" is refering to RTM?

No the partners are right. They are reffering to the actual Windows 7. But at the same time it wont take 3 years. Look at the Vista Beta.

Started Beta cycle July 27, 2005. RTM in Nov 2, 2006. Just over 16 months for the Beta Cycle. That would mean that the M1 cycle to Beta would ahve to take 20 months. That is unheard of for a M$ cycle. M! to Beta will take about 8-12 months. Which will put hte date of release in late 2010 which M$ has personally said is the timeline right now.

Are there any truly reliable sources that say that Milestone 1 has actually been released to anyone? I've seen many articles that say that it has been leaked to the public and some normal guy gave his review of it. But there were no screen shots or anything, and it wreaks of being bunk.

Does anyone have a reliable source that M1 is out? If it has actually been released, then what Mak said makes sense. But if it hasn't actually been released, then I don't really believe any timeline.

M! has been given to SOME partners. But those are the partners that are not putting out these reviews and such. If you think about it Longhorn looked exactly like XP did for the first few Milestone builds. Which there was at elast 5 that i know of.

From the rumor mill of M$ the date is March 29, 2009. That is the target date for Windows 7 to RTM. I dont think so. That would be a REALLY short Beta cycle. as we see from Vista it wont be good....

But everyone forget so soon about the early days of Windows. Windows 95, 3 years alter Windows 98, 2 years later Windows ME, 2 years later Windows XP. They release a new OS every 2-3 years. This is their normal cycle. It wasnt till after XP that they dragged out a release to 6 years. We should in all respect be runnign Windows 7 now and the next beta should be beginning. We should be talking about Windows 8.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom