Yet another Graphics card question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I just wasn't aware of the bottleneck effect (statistics wise). Even still, there's a whole new generation of cards on the horizon and you don't know how prices are going to be.

It's not about what you can save, but rather how much more you could buy when prices dip to make room for the 9 series.

Heh... man if you did what your saying with any computer hardware you would never buy. There is ALWAYS something new on the horizon...espically when buying computer parts.

^^^ Agreed. I am just looking for something thats a good price, but still has some upgradability. Getting a card with PCI EX 2.0 is a better idea for me considering when i am ready to upgrade my mobo to one with 2.0, i will have a card that will perform at that capacity. I have never been one to spend more on a graphics card than an entire rig. The 8800 series is a very solid card, and the EVGA 512-P3-N801-AR GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail seems like the card for me. Maybe in the future i will go SLI with the same card, or maybe just get the next best thing that comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom