AHHH 6800 problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceyDeath23

In Runtime
Aight heres the prob.

I bought a EVGA 6800 geforce fx

First time i booted up no prob...installed drivers all good restarted still good...tested it out on far cry and battlefield vietnam...it ran perfectly on the highest settings of both games.

I left my pc running just sitting on the desktop and came back an hour later....pc was off and when i went to restart i had a brief power up and then nothing....swapped out the 6800 for my old pos geforce 4....(which im using now) and it booted up just fine

So far ive updated AGP chipset drivers for my gigabyte mobo, tried reconnecting power cords so that the 6800 would have its own cord coming out of the power supply and i think thats all i came up with.

Any Ideas would be great

Thanks

O ya my ps is 420 watts....the requirements for that card are 300 watt incase anyone was gonna say something about that

In ABX forums, some guy's 6800 GT fried because the fan was bad quality. Check to see if your card was fried or something.

You could always complain to the company and get another one.

Yeah you dont want them to get too hot or else the system will just shut off. And if the fan did die, they will replace it so dont worry there. I have the exact same card with a 420 watt psu and it runs fine.

it depends on card manufacture as well, the manufacturers try everythign to cut down the cost of the final product, where they find a good fan for say 2$ and a below normal quality fan for $1.80, they obviouisly willl went for low quality saving them with 20 cents per fan. they could have their fans designed from reputable fan manufactures like Thermal take, akasa, coolermaster (they are into research), but even if you see the card from highest quality manufacturer, you find any of these names on them, as they know, that same fan that can be found in market for 2.00, they'll manufacture it for 2.50. I have seen myself fans getting failed even on highest quality card manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom