GT vs GTS g92

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Well, I see that the egg has a good deal on the GTS ($300 w/ promo code/free shipping). Now, I was looking at some benchmarks that compared it to the GT...and there wasn't much of a performance gain when OC'd. So I was wondering...is the GTS really worth it to get over the GT? How good of an OC'er is the GTS vs the GT?

When it comes to higher resolutions, yes. The 8800gt is good up untill 1680x1050. If you game at a higher res, then a gts would be essential.

Well my monitor only does 1440x900, so higher res won't really be an issue. The only other res I'd do would be 1280x1024 for benchmarking...but otherwise I'd be at 1440x900 for games.

Well then stick with the 8800gt. No reason to spend almost $100 more on a card that youre not gonna untilize to its full potential. You could wait and get the 9600gt, which is basically a weaker 8800gt but still a powerful card and great for that res.

at that resolution the 8800GT is more than enough.

BTW the GT is a G92 chip as well :p

Yeah but there isn't an older revision of the GT :p

You could wait and get the 9600gt, which is basically a weaker 8800gt but still a powerful card and great for that res
Or if I was gonna wait for the 9 series, I'd just wait for the 9800 series.

I find the 8800GT is a very poor overclocker i can only squeeze on average about 30mhz more out of each clock before i get freezing and lock-ups. Don't get me wrong the 8800GT is a great card for the price. It runs any new game at full settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom