x38 or 780i

Status
Not open for further replies.
for 8 dollars more than a p5e... man this is hard!

Maybe tomorrow I will have a coin flipping contest to see who wins. I think I will have 780i be heads. and p5e be tails. best out of 25 wins. :D

i'm in the same position as you

but honestly i dont think selling my Ultra and getting a 3870x2 would be much of an upgrade...i'm probably going with a 780i and grab another Ultra soon.

i say go for 2 ultra's.... because they cream 2 3870's... and 2 3870x2's.. well those just plain have 0 drivers

and if tri sli matures... well, you're ready for that too ;)

green is cooler than red too.. lets not forget that....

and i bet you the 9800gtx is gonna run around anything ati has to offer... i feel it coming.. and i'd rather have dual 9800gtx's! i'm placing my bet on nvidia this time.. cuz last i bet on ati.. I LOST

9800gtx isn't going to be out for a while though..its supposedly going to have the G100 chip and be twice as fast as the Ultra, but who knows.

I'm going to say the x38 overclocks better, because Intel should have their products overclock their own stuff better :D

plus the 780i is probably a lot like 680i (it overclocks well, but there might be issues)

780I is 680I with a new south bridge your still using the same crap *** 680I north bridge with all its problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom