Half-Open Connections in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikedCola

In Runtime
"TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts."

Is there a *working* patch for the tcp/ip limit in the Refresh of SP1? I tried the tcpip.sys as a service one, and patching the original tcpip.sys, and neither worked (first one did nothing, second one wouldnt let me online).

Wow. How many connections are you trying to make? Even with Torrents downloading i still have not hit the limit with the Refresh of SP1.

Sicne this isnt a known issue there isnt a fix to it. As this is the first i have ever heard of someone hitting the TCP/IP Limit in Vista.

Ive seen lots of fixes for Vista w/o SP1, just none with it (google the error posted if you dont believe me). Downloading five torrents, running two WoW processes, two ftps up, and browsing can cause you to hit limits you didnt know existed ;)

It isnt that i dont think the limit can be hit. It is jsut i have not seen it yet. Since SP1 is still in Beta there is not support for it. So you would have to go to a site where people try and hack these thigns to fix them. M$ isnt going to give you any help since they use the terms "Install at your own risk" with Betas.

I have 10 torrents active, 2 browsers with multiple tabs, and a IM client. Still have hit it yet. I must be close as i am not far off with what you are doing though. ;)

Well if you can get SP1 Refresh 2 then you will be good to go. It doesnt have the timebomb nor does it have the watermark on the desktop. It doesnt even show that it is a SP beta anymore. All info points toward that being close to the final release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom