Slow speeds and error messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

frantik97

Baseband Member
Lately my computer has been operating at very slow speeds. At times it takes more then a couple of seconds to navigate from program to program. I am currently running a 1 gig memory 1.6 ghz machine that should not be functioning in such a manner. I am also receiving an error message that reads as such.

critical exception

Code
0xc0000005

Address
0x001b:0x38049ff1

Module
Unknown

Descrition
Exception Access Violation
attempt to read from address 0x00000000
The memory could not be read.

Can anyone offer any insight?? Please?

to me it sounds like one of two things, hardware conflict or spyware/adware. check your hardware manager and see if you have any exclamation marks. run adaware or spybot S&D. then see if the prob still persists....

nothing wrong with my hardware. i will run the software you have suggested however to see if that helps. thanks for the tip.

How big is your hard disk and how full?

What OS?

Do you use defragment from time to time?

are you hooked in network and if yes is
your host name recodred in the host file?

I have a 100 gig HD and 50% is used up. Yes I do use defrag from time to time, just ran that recently as a matter of fact and the problem still persists. I am currently running WIN2000Pro. And I am not exactly sure of how to check your last question I am on a local network. Not sure if the host name is recorded on the host file however.

what kind of ram and motherboard is it? Are you getting blue screens with memory errors? If it is, then check your ram and mobo compatability and play with the timings in your bios.

check event viewer see what errors are listed there and post them. make sure you have the latest service pack

I ran a full system check using spyware remover software, and that seems to have resolved most of my issues. Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom