Yet another Graphics card question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would get BFG 8800GTS G92

EDIT: the eVGA 8800GTS does cost a little more but it includes Crysis, so thats not a bad deal

Someone just had a rig up for a really cheap evga 8800 gt 512mb... with shipping it comes out to $225... ill try to find it but i would go with that because its such a good deal...

but if you really want to get more performance and have the money go with the GTS because i hear its a beast... Going evga gives you the step-up program btw... so you can go to the 9 series or a better card if you would like to 90 days into the future.

EVGA give me the rage. They treat their EU customer like crap. I guess if you are from the US, fair enough...

Your board doesn't support PCI Express 2.0, though.

I'd wait till the 9 series. Right now with all the new goodies coming out it's a bad idea to upgrade video cards.

I'd wait till the 9 series. Right now with all the new goodies coming out it's a bad idea to upgrade video cards.

dont worry about pci 2.0. on the GTS 512 there is only 1% increase in performance on a benchmark done by tomshardware I think. It was just posted earlier...

It might make more diff with the 9xxx series, but with the 8xxx it doesnt matter

PCI-e 2.0 and PCI-e x16 are Backwards Compatible

I know, I just wasn't aware of the bottleneck effect (statistics wise). Even still, there's a whole new generation of cards on the horizon and you don't know how prices are going to be.

It's not about what you can save, but rather how much more you could buy when prices dip to make room for the 9 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom