Intel Q9300 & E8400

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
have these been overclocked and benchmarked yet

i've been searching and could only find a picture of cpu-z with the Q9300 clocked at 4GHZ on a japanese website

have these been overclocked and benchmarked yet

i've been searching and could only find a picture of cpu-z with the Q9300 clocked at 4GHZ on a japanese website

I didnt think the q9300 was out yet. and my e8400 is on the way. Granted I am only learning, so it wont be as high as some of the other crazy people on here could get.

I didnt think the q9300 was out yet. and my e8400 is on the way. Granted I am only learning, so it wont be as high as some of the other crazy people on here could get.

ahh that explains why the Q9300 clocked at 4GHZ looked a bit suspect, when do you think places like toms hardware would get there hands on it

ahh that explains why the Q9300 clocked at 4GHZ looked a bit suspect, when do you think places like toms hardware would get there hands on it

actually, depending on the stock speed of the q9300, it might be true. the e8400 can reach 4.2 with ease. but the higher up one is the one you want. Only one of them that is not bad price has a good amount of cache. They lowered it from the 8mb cache on the q6600 to 6mb I think. But if I am not mistaken the q9450 has 12mb, or atleast 8mb. I will find the thread in a min.
and I wish I knew.

Just kidding, no way that thing got to 4ghz. and the q9450 should settle to a price of about 315, and it will be the lowest one to have 12mb cache. The q9300 runs at 2.5ghz and the q9450 at 2.66. (q9400 at 2.66 as well, but only has 6mb cache)

There have been rumors floating around that the non extreme edition quads are having stability issues, i think they got pushed back a few weeks.

The Q9300 will most likely be FSB limited. I would expect at least 450-500fsb out of the chip though....around 3.4 to 3.8ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom