Windows xp install reboots at 34 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjm44

Beta member
I am trying to install windows xp pro on my toshiba laptop and everytime it gets to 34 min.,sometimes 33,32,or 31 it reboots.I have tried many different things but with always the same result.I have installed this same copy on this laptop before.

So what is different about the machine now that it restarts? Is this after it already restarts to install the devices and network?

It's usually when installing devices but sometimes during installing network.The only thing different since the last time i installed xp pro is that one of my usb ports is broken.

It could be that when installing the USB device it tries to access the USB and shorts out the mother board? Have you check to make sure there is nothing like that going on. How is the USB Port broken?

Well if it physically loose it could be that it is making connections on teh motherboard and causing a short which could be causing this issue. I honestly would say only, i mean only, pull it out is you can get to teh motherboard and make sure that there is no other connections that would cause a issue from this.

If you cant do it take it to a shop where they can amke sure there will be no left over metal in there. If there is it will still cause you issues.

After that try to install and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom