Going past 3.6ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix219

Baseband Member
I've OC'd my q6600 to 3.6ghz (400fsbx9, 1.425v) and I've been extremely pleased with the results. I've tried to OC further but I can't quite get the right cpu frequency/memory frequency combo. I know I have the headroom to go further than 3.6 because I haven't hit the max 1.5v and my temps right now are 37 idle and 50 load, and thats with the cpu fan speed at just 50%. Whenever I try to go further, the memory frequency decreases from my OC'd 900mhz and the system becomes very unstable. I've tried upping voltages, decreasing timings, etc. but I can't find the right configuration. Any help, tips, or experiences would be awesome.

Holy 50C at load. Can i ask what your cooling set-up is. I have the tuniq tower and the antec 900 and i get 66C load and around 40C idle.

I would suggest that it's the Reapers. I had OCZ Platinum 800s before and was clocking better than these Reapers I have now. For some reason they don't like to overclock.

My only suggestion would be to loosen your timings. You are going to have to probably run them at at least 6-6-6-16 to get more Mhz out of them. Don't put your DRAM voltage above 2.35v either or you will void the warranty on them.

lol... take my advice, if you want higher clocks, tighter memory timings ain't gonna do it.... you just need to start playing w/ more options

Holy 50C at load. Can i ask what your cooling set-up is. I have the tuniq tower and the antec 900 and i get 66C load and around 40C idle.

I have a ZEROtherm BTF90 heatsink in an Antec 900. The BTF90 is massive, all copper with tons of fins. I'm extremely happy with it. The only possible downside is you kinda have something that looks like a butterfly in your case, but I don't mind. Performance comes first.

I have a ZEROtherm BTF90 heatsink in an Antec 900. The BTF90 is massive, all copper with tons of fins. I'm extremely happy with it. The only possible downside is you kinda have something that looks like a butterfly in your case, but I don't mind. Performance comes first.

Does it have colored spots on top? :)D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom