Vista Benchmarks - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

yangmanrui

Baseband Member
Recently I read some discussions about how great Vista is, however, my experience is not so good. Please, look at the benchmarks below. I tried to get to uefa.com using Mozilla Firefox (I measured
the time with my Samsung cell phone, nothing was cached)

1) Gateway MX 3215 (laptop) 1 GB RAM, Celeron M, Windows XP Home Edition
3.40 seconds.

2) Compaq Presario 1700 (laptop) 128 MB RAM, Celeron 800 Mhz, Windows Millenium 6,55 seconds.

3) Gateway GT5465E Dual Core Intel 2140 2GB Ram, Windows Vista Home Premium
18.37seconds.

So, as you can see from actual numbers, Vista, which is supposed to be the bright future is by far the slowest. Please, feel free to suggest ways to improve my Vista experience. The Vista computer is almost the way it was from the store. (Please, take into account that I am an amateur computer user and I use my computer primarily for newspaper reading, email checking - no 3D gaming).

Thanks,
Man RUi

Welcome | The PC Decrapifier

My first suggestion is to remove all the junk that comes on a pre-built machine. That application there is one of the best to remove the ad stuff. From there remove any and all signs of McAfee and Norton. Use Avast, AVG or NOD32.

From there i will need to know what else you have running. Like what other apps you have installed. Some apps have things that start up on PC boot so you will want to check with your msconfig.

Start Orb>Run (IF you dont have the run command in hte start menu type it into the search field)>Right click the executable and Run as Admin. From there type in msconfig.

Go to the startup tab. Make sure you only have your antivirus and firewall running. If you have some other apps that are mandatory then run those as well.

This should help bring the speed of Vista up. Also google for Tweak Vista utilities. There are a few. Those will also help.

Thanks,
I will try MS Config/starup. The only thing I have installed is ZOne Alarm Firewall, Avast and really nothing else - Open Office...
What application are you talking about in your post -
"...That application there is one of the best to remove the ad stuff. From there remove any and all signs of McAfee and Norton..."

thanks again
Man Rui

The link he posted. Welcome | The PC Decrapifier It removes trial versions/other junk that prebuilts come with.

As for Norton, if it's still on you rsystem, google for "Norton Removal Utility" and run it. I don't even bother using Add/Remove programs for Norton anymore..I just run that, and it wipes out any trace of Symantec products from the PC, and then its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom