weird problem with new build help

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsox

Beta member
hi i just put my new pc together consisting of a new 160gb sata, gigabyte p35, e6750. 4gb ddr2 800. and a evga 8800gt. i hooked everything up without a hitch i thought and i was successfully able to install vista but now i start up my pc and though i can see it boot up vista, it becomes a black screen after im in on my lcd and on my crt the screen starts flickering and readjusting? But when i manually shut my pc down while its doing that the screen becomes normal again and i can see the boot down? yesterday i was actually able to get into the computer for a min or so before this started to happen again. please help thanks

Try to start in safe mode and then install drivers for the vid card. Also if you have. Also if you have vga and dvi outputs try the vga till you get the correct drivers installed.

i was able to boot in safe mode and was able to install gfx drivers... it still doesnt work booting in normal mode

i installed the drivers from the disk the card came from which didnt work so i tried to download the newest ones from the web with safemode+networking but im unable to install them? vista wont let me it says unable to locate folders or something i think it has to do with safe mode restrictions? also i havent been able to install my mobo drivers because its not working from the disk in safe mode? i also tried my old 7600gt and switching the memory slots to 2 and 4 instead of 1 and 3. all has not worked. im so frustrated ha :/

Dang I don't know if Vista is the culprit or hardware. Try to take one memory chip out and just use one and see if that is hanging you up. I know this sounds weird but it worked with me a couple of times. I gave up on vista after 3 months. I installed it for DX 10 but it wasn't worth the hassle. I always get blasted for saying that but I don't like fighting my OS all the time.
Are you running the monitor through DVI output?
Also If nothing seems to work try to reinstall everything. It could have been a corrupt install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom