Help me out Guys! New Gaming Computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, what would be fast, Stable 3.0-3.6 Q6600 or Stable 4.0-4.2 E8400? Also, I'm leaning towards core 2 duo cause the 45nm technology and how it runs cooler and takes less power. But then again, quad cores kick arse!

ppl have been able to get the e8400 @ 4.3 easily..w/c that baby and you could prolly reach to 5.

but honestly, i dont think that much speed is needed, but i would do it if i could!

ppl have been able to get the e8400 @ 4.3 easily..w/c that baby and you could prolly reach to 5.

but honestly, i dont think that much speed is needed, but i would do it if i could!

**** yeah, that would be so much fun. Having a processor that could reach 5. Mine is on the way! I cant wait! now I just have to get my new x38 mobo :D

**** yeah, that would be so much fun. Having a processor that could reach 5. Mine is on the way! I cant wait! now I just have to get my new x38 mobo :D

well if i were your...personally i would either have gotten the q6600 or wait for the new 45nm quads but thats your choice.

post up a thread for sure with your oc results...hopefully you get a good chip.

I read 4.2 is stable, anything over is unstable and is just plain ridiculous. I think I might wait for the 45nm quad cores. Hopefully they come out soon, I will also try and invest in a gigabyte x38 mobo instead of the P35 DS3R. Upgrade is better right?

I read 4.2 is stable, anything over is unstable and is just plain ridiculous. I think I might wait for the 45nm quad cores. Hopefully they come out soon, I will also try and invest in a gigabyte x38 mobo instead of the P35 DS3R. Upgrade is better right?

well the p35 ds3r is good enough...unless you have higher needs.

well if i were your...personally i would either have gotten the q6600 or wait for the new 45nm quads but thats your choice.

post up a thread for sure with your oc results...hopefully you get a good chip.

I plan on selling it soon after. Or using it to build another system. For some other stuff. Plus, the quads will be a high price for a little while. So, when they drop a little bit(down from the jacked up ones) then I will probably pick one up.

well for my managers build im debating to get the ds3l with the e8400 or go with amd and save more...im not sure.
need help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom