Tech Forum CPU Benchmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As stated it isnt, but dual core/quad cores still distribute the load. Im sure im doing something wrong so in the next version im going to up the fps and make the test much harder.

///// TechForums CPU Bench v0.2
Total Execute Time (Less is better): 21.29
Additional: x86 / 2 / Windows Vista

Had avg,msn,firefox, vlcmedia player and utorrent running *for some stupid reason*

Total Execute Time (Less is better): 28.21
Additional: x86 / 4 / Windows Vista
Total Execute Time (Less is better): 28.43
Total Execute Time (Less is better): 28.13

@ 3.5ghz
74 processes open, including uTorrent, Firefox, MSN, Windows Live Mail, skype, xfire

Also I noticed that it didn't seem to max out a thread. Core 1 read around 60% while the other cores showed just a few % that added up to about 80% core usage (1 thread)

Hmm, what would be another contributing factor??? The only thing i can think of is ram speed, but i doubt its enough to make that big a difference. I dont think your score is completely wrong for a 4200, but still something fishy, is it OC'd?

It's overclocked, but only to 2.5. My mobo sucks so I couldn't go much above stock (2.2).

Come on my system isnt that much of a screamer. But i did beat 30's. Sorry.

Total Execute Time (Less is better): 29.84
Additional: x86 / 2 / Windows XP
Total Execute Time (Less is better): 29.28
Additional: x86 / 2 / Windows XP

29.28 is my best. I will restart in Vista and test. I have a P43.4GHz with 3GB DDR2 RAM.:p

Still Good though :)

Okay, its pretty easy to max out a core, i just have to set the FPS to something more insane. The new test is much harder, when its perfected i shall release. (If ever... :nerd: )

Something else I think you should add (if possible), that when you double click the EXE it doesn't start the test right a way, but rather after you click a "start test" button or something. Just a suggestion that I think I'd like to see be implemented =).

Something else I think you should add (if possible), that when you double click the EXE it doesn't start the test right a way, but rather after you click a "start test" button or something. Just a suggestion that I think I'd like to see be implemented =).

+1

I don't like that it just starts. And you have to release the new one. I kind of like this program. But I like getting numbers and comparing them with different people/setups.

Yeah sure, ill add a menu and get on the new version asap. Its gonna be hard because i start school for this year tomorrow, i have a holiday on the weekend far far away and homework homework homework. lol. Ill get to it i promise.

Update: Its so obvious what i should be doing with the zip test, zipping not unzipping. Duh... lol. Ill have that ready by next version.

Ive added string encryption, it encrypts a large paragraph with a password about 15 characters long.

The only thing that is lacking is the math test, no idea what to do for that just yet.

PS: What kind of FPS rates where you getting during tests and in between tests. Because i think i have it set at 360fps and it maxes out my 2.8ghz P4 (Performance in TaskManager).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom