Freezing for no Fing reason!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didnt have time to run those programs b4 but am running them now i also left my little test thing running it is called video card stability test and it ran for 230 mins b4 i stopped it manualy...

i reinstalled drivers nothing...

nothing is OCed

have you tried clearing CMOS? just incase ther may be some settings a little whacky. clearing cmos just clears your bios and resets them to default.

tryed that no help...

i am heading back to class but will let memtest run during that time and see if any errors popup

also side note memtest is burning cpu time 100% and temp is 114f

hey so im running this prime 95 test thing and im wondering something... im looking at temp readings on the board and im looking at my speedfan program and it says my northbridge is at 118f... and the processor is 103f... just to check i ran the asus utility and it reads 113f on processor and 93 on MB... wtf? im concerned but i think i should trust the asus utility just because they built the board but if the other program is correct i would hate to damage something...

i know this is off the topic but is there a good temp sensing tool out there? i was liking this speedfan thing because it would display the temp in the task bar beside the clock but if its THAT inaccurate...

cant use coretemp i get a message saying

This is not an Intel "Core" Archetecture based Preocessor. This Program will not continue

alright i ran prime 95 all night and passed all torture tests no problem

... but 120f and 93f are not even in the same zipcode???

thats 27f difference (sorry i had to bust out the calc for that one i didnt have 7 extra fingers or toes lying around:))

yea im just saying their not always acurate as in your case but most of the time they are pretty close. but im not sure how well they measure temps on a P4 like yours. but i use Everest Home edition to measure all my temps. give it a shot if you wish

Could it possibly be something with graphics card? Not being able to display the game right, and making your pc think WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom