Why Vista is such a failure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a problem with playing bf2 with vista i was wondering if you vista users could help me with, whenever i try to join a server in bf2 i get kicked by punkbuster saying i dont have sufficient os privlages, how do i fix this

(oh and im the one and only admin)

Yeah that's how you do it. This won't work on Vista Basic though. But I'm guessing you have a better version.

No that is for Business up to Ultimate. For Home Basic you use these steps...

For Windows Vista Home Basic/Home Premium:

1- Click Start, and type "cmd" in the search area, right click on "Command Prompt" and select 'Run as Administrator".

2- In the command prompt type "net users Administrator /active'" (Note the capital "A" in Administrator) and press Enter, you will get a confirmation as "The command completed successfully".

3- Click Start, and type "regedit" in the search area and click Enter, navigate to: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\System]
Double click on "FilterAdministratorToken" and set it to "0"

Full steps for every version check out the Vista thread.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/windows-vista-discussion-53448/index57.html#post1048802

While you are there see my Vista Score:

ImageShack - Hosting :: indexscorecn5.jpg

:laughing:

So please people stop expressing your opinions as fact. Because we have plenty of users here that can run Vista just fine. We have several more that are changing their mond on Vista after actually running it for more than 5 minutes. If this continues i will close this thread as it is getting out of hand and becoming pointless to leave it open for arguements to continue.

Wow! Where have I been? When did you become a moderator, Mak?

No that is for Business up to Ultimate. For Home Basic you use these steps...

For Windows Vista Home Basic/Home Premium:

1- Click Start, and type "cmd" in the search area, right click on "Command Prompt" and select 'Run as Administrator".

2- In the command prompt type "net users Administrator /active'" (Note the capital "A" in Administrator) and press Enter, you will get a confirmation as "The command completed successfully".

3- Click Start, and type "regedit" in the search area and click Enter, navigate to: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\System]
Double click on "FilterAdministratorToken" and set it to "0"

Full steps for every version check out the Vista thread.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/windows-vista-discussion-53448/index57.html#post1048802

While you are there see my Vista Score:

ImageShack - Hosting :: indexscorecn5.jpg

:laughing:

Ah, the net user command. I had never thought about using that to enable the account. Your right too...does not work for premium. I just dug out the instructions I had printed off. It says for Ultimate/Business/Enterprise. My bad.

Nice job manually editing your Vista scores BTW.:p

Vista still isnt ready to be used. Like every OS from Micro$oft give it another year or so and some more updates then it will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom