Why Vista is such a failure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess the best advice is if you don't like it, don't use it. But don't try to talk other people out of liking it if they don't have any problems with it.

Yep im planning on going back to xp asap, and im not trying to convince anyone of anything im merely stating facts and proof of certain issues ive had with vista, this is my thread if you dont like it dont read it im not making you read this

p.s. im not trying to be a **** im just sayin i dont want to flame all that ive posted is my opinion and my experiences with vista

I will go even further...
I just checked and I would compare surfing on my Dual-core 2Gb ram Vista Gateway to my 2001 Windows Millenium 800 MHz 128 MB RAM Compaq notebook. The speed is the same. (That is also a fact) So, for a user like me, Vista is a complete waste of money ( and time).

Man rui

Again i state this.

THIS IS ALL PERSONAL OPINION.

Some people hate Vista for all the wrong reasons. They blame M$ for bad drivers and bad applicaiton support. It is not Vista's fault.

If Vista runs slow on your Dual Core system with 2GB of RAM, then it is something YOU are doing. I run it on a P4 3.4GHz with 3GB of RAM and it runs jsut as fast as my XP install. That states USER ERROR not OS ERROR.

So please people stop expressing your opinions as fact. Because we have plenty of users here that can run Vista just fine. We have several more that are changing their mond on Vista after actually running it for more than 5 minutes. If this continues i will close this thread as it is getting out of hand and becoming pointless to leave it open for arguements to continue.

My one friend/teacher says the same thing yangmanrui...

My only guess is that it would be all that vista protection... i dont know much about vista but i do know you cant install something or do anything without being prompted for permisson 9 times... Maybe that goes the same for webpages... firewall maybe?

ummm.... you can turn that off you know... :eek:

Vista works well for me, so far so good :D

Look, Facts mean numbers - so here they are:
I just did my own benchmarking - Remember, I use computers mostly for email and reading newspapers (sometimes youtube:) ) so, as an ordinary user who doesn't understand computers as well as you tech guys (to whom I thank for the occasional advice), Either it works or it doesn't. I am not going to bend backwards because of that. Maybe my benchmarks are too simplistic and I draw conclusions too fast, but all I care about is to access information as fast as possible. Here is, how my computers performed. I went from FIFA.com to uefa.com (nothing was cached). and the winner is:

1) Gateway MX 3215 (laptop) 1 GB RAM, Celeron M, Windows XP Home Edition
3.40 seconds.

2) Compaq Presario 1700 (laptop) 128 MB RAM, Celeron 800 Mhz, Windows Millenium 6,55 seconds.

3) Gateway GT5465E Dual Core Intel 2140 2GB Ram, Windows Vista Home Premium
18.37seconds.

So, as you can see from actual numbers, for my purposes, Vista is the slowest . To the best of my knowledge, I did not change the DEFAULT CONFIGURATIONS that much. (Almost factory default) SO, if Microsoft wants us to think that this Vista is a great product, well, for an amateur user like me, not so much. ( It was 5 X slower than my good old XP).
I just hope that you will not close this thread because of my numbers.

Man Rui

Exactly. Or just enable the built-in admin account, seeing as how it is unaffected by UAC.

how do you do that, cuz i'm considering going back to vista.. because me aquired windows i have is corrupt.. lol and missing important files, and i'm getting lots of hang ups.. and vista is the only other thing i have that'll work 100%

Look, Facts mean numbers - so here they are:
I just did my own benchmarking - Remember, I use computers mostly for email and reading newspapers (sometimes youtube:) ) so, as an ordinary user who doesn't understand computers as well as you tech guys (to whom I thank for the occasional advice), Either it works or it doesn't. Maybe my benchmarks are too simplistic and I draw conclusions too fast, but all I care about is to access information as fast as possible. Here is, how my computers performed. I went from FIFA.com to uefa.com (nothing was cached). and the winner is:

1) Gateway MX 3215 (laptop) 1 GB RAM, Celeron M, Windows XP Home Edition
3.40 seconds.

2) Compaq Presario 1700 (laptop) 128 MB RAM, Celeron 800 Mhz, Windows Millenium 6,55 seconds.

3) Gateway GT5465E Dual Core Intel 2140 2GB Ram, Windows Vista Home Premium
18.37seconds.

So, as you can see from actual numbers, for my purposes, Vista is the slowest . To the best of my knowledge, I did not change the DEFAULT CONFIGURATIONS that much. (Almost factory default) SO, if Microsoft wants us to think that this Vista is a great product, well, for an amateur user like me, not so much. ( It was 5 X slower than my good old XP).
I just hope that you can take that like a man and will not close this thread because of my numbers.

Man Rui
Again i state the fact that Factory Default means that the system is SLOW. Remove all the junk that Gateway put on there and start with a REAL Vista install. I bet that number drops by over 10 seconds. If not way more. I can get to any site in just under 5 seconds. As i said before with that configuration YOU must be doing something wrong. As that system should topple my system. You have twice the CPU power than me.

So again dont balme the OS for the fact that the system you are running is lagged by stuff that shouldnt be there. It is not Microsft's fault that manufacturer's made deals with Google, AOL and all the other companies to put their stuff on your PC. Remove McAffe or Norton and you will see the system fly right away.

So again i am will state that it is not the OS. I can run the same test for you. I went from nvidia site to creative's site. In IE7 under VIsta. Time it took 3.8 seconds. Used a stop watch to confirm this. Also loaded it in Firefox to match the times up. Firefox took 3.28 seconds. Nothign in cache nothing saved. So as you see it is not Vista it is your configuration.

how do you do that, cuz i'm considering going back to vista.. because me aquired windows i have is corrupt.. lol and missing important files, and i'm getting lots of hang ups.. and vista is the only other thing i have that'll work 100%

Start Orb>secpol.msc (In the search box)

Local Policies>Security Options>Accounts Admin account

It is first on the list just double click then check the enalbe box and click okay. either restart or log out. Do this right away as the profile you setup right away will not affect this account and you will have to set it all up again.

Another problem im having is multitasking with vista, if you can even call it that it froze for 10 minutes when i wasa installing a game and....listning to music! lmao!

p.s. im not knocking it as an os i think its new features( bells and whistles) are just great i just hate its utilization of a pc's resources, utilization im thinkin they upped the requirements so they sell more high end pcs and maybe dx10 is a gimmick
http://www.techist.com/forums/f15/my-dx10-gripes-165207/

Start Orb>secpol.msc (In the search box)

Local Policies>Security Options>Accounts Admin account

It is first on the list just double click then check the enalbe box and click okay. either restart or log out. Do this right away as the profile you setup right away will not affect this account and you will have to set it all up again.

Yeah that's how you do it. This won't work on Vista Basic though. But I'm guessing you have a better version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom