CPU fan question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniffmypoo

Baseband Member
i know this may seem dumb, but i was planning on getting a new peocessor and was wondering if the CPU fan i use now would be fine to use with is (i know it more then likely is, i just dont wanna buy the processor and have the comp die)

and 1 more thing, how can i tell what socket my processor is, i know most P4 are 478 but i saw this other one that was LGA 775 and i just want to make sure of what one i have

well... i dont do Pentium.. but when u find out ur motherboard socket... if u buy a brand new CPU, it will come with a heatsink n fan.. usually

If you buy retail version, fan will come in it (not to worry)

LGA775 is different, entirely different, n it, the processor has holes (rather than the pins), and Motherboard have pins (rather than holes), so you have to buy the Intel 915 or Intel 925 based chipset board for it, which has JUST entered the market, so you have definately 478pin processor.

got it?

yeah i got it arrow, thanks, and to BLuEnGrEEnPC the processor i am getting is OEM so its not gonna come with a fan

well... look on like newegg.com or somethin for a fan that fits the disciption of what CPU u have.. and itll say if it works with ur CPU and socket n what not

if its OEM, then you can get original FAN of P-4 out of eBay, as I have built pc's for family with different CPu's and every time I see a new fan, like in 3.06 its full copper base. nd with this mine, its more efficent, throws air at 4 sides.

people use to buy ratail CPU's and install their own fans, (if u dont have a good fan), go to eBay. you'l find cheaper.

im not asking what type of fan to get or any of that, im asking of the current fan that i have now with a P4 will work if i get a new P4, i cant get a new fan cuz it wouldnt fit in my hunk-o-junk VAIO

and i just ran pcmark04 and it showed my socket and crap as this

Socket Designation: PGA 423
Type: Central
Upgrade: LIF Socket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom